Book Sale in the Library Arcade: The first Saturday of every month. 12 pm – 4 pm.
Ongoing Book Sale: Located on shelves adjacent to the Children's Room Entrance. Regular Library hours.
The Pacific Grove Library gladly accepts gifts of books, DVDs, and CDs in good condition for both the Adult and Children’s collections. If we cannot use the books or other materials, we place them on our Ongoing Book Sale shelves. All proceeds go directly into the Library Book Fund.
The only time we do not accept gifts is when our storage area is full. When that is the case, a sign is posted on the Library’s Front Door indicating that we are temporarily unable to accept donations.
The Library also welcomes cash donations to the Library’s Book Fund. For more information about donating books and materials to the library, please call 648-5762.
Donation Guidelines For Books And Other Materials
- Hardcover and paperback books in good, salable condition.
- No loose pages, missing covers or pages, no torn spines
- No mold or mildew smell
- No bad staining or water damage
- No underlining or highlighting
- Magazines published within the last year
- DVDs and CDS
- Books on CD
We do NOT accept:
- Textbooks of any kind
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Outdated reference materials (e.g., price guides, dated travel guides)
- Computer manuals or outdated software
- Library discards
- ANY encyclopedias
- Home-made audio-visual tapes or cassettes