The book collection of approximately 99,000 volumes includes more than 25,000 books for children and young adults, and about 5,900 reference titles.
The library has a large-type book collection that currently has about 3,500 volumes.
The library also has an extensive DVD and video collection for both adults and children. These cover a broad range of topics and interest. The library also has a large collection of unabridged recorded books, and thousands of music CDs.
Unique to a library this size is a wide range of literature in foreign languages including French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Korean and Russian among others.
The library also has one of the largest collections of plays in the region.
Non-Book Materials and Equipment
- Framed, circulating art prints
- Magazines and newspapers
- Microfilm and microfiche reader/printers
- Photocopier - 1 coin-operated copier for public use
- “Reading Edge” reading machine for the visually impaired
- TDD for the hearing impaired
- “VisualTek” magnifier for the visually impaired
Current subscriptions to newspapers and magazines number about 225. Most Pacific Grove newspapers from 1888 to date are on microfilm and available at the library.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions,
please call 831-648-5762.