Pacific Grove Public Library
Internet & Wi-Fi Policies and Guidelines
In order to use Pacific Grove Public Library’s Internet and Wi-Fi services, please read the Library's Internet and Wi-Fi Policies. If you choose not to follow these rules, you will not be permitted to use the Internet or Wi-Fi, and may be asked to leave the Library.
The Library provides 802.11b/g wireless service for public Internet access. The wireless network is connected to the Internet through the Library’s high speed (T1) Internet connection. Please note: the wireless network is not encrypted, and printing is not available on the wireless network.
A summary of the Internet policy is listed below.
- Pacific Grove Public Library does not monitor and has no control over the information accessed over the Internet and is not responsible for its content. Users are responsible for the choice of sites that they visit.
- If you are a parent or legal guardian, you must assume responsibility for deciding what Library resources, including the Internet, are appropriate for your child. Only you have the right to restrict your child's access to any Library resources; the Library does not have the right or responsibility to act in your place.
- The Library's Internet service is primarily for research, educational and informational use. Time limits may be imposed to enable as many patrons as possible to use the Internet.
- Library Reference staff will provide basic assistance to help patrons use the Internet to locate information needed, but staff members cannot provide Internet training.
- The Library cannot guarantee patrons privacy when accessing the Internet in the Library. Respect the privacy of other Internet users, and do not attempt to show displayed material to other library patrons.
- All users of the Library's Internet service must comply with the United States Copyright Law and all other applicable laws. Patrons may not use the Library's Internet service for any illegal activity or place any material on the Internet related to any illegal activity.
- Users may not modify Library hardware or software, change configurations, or attempt to access non- public files or accounts. Users may not use personal software, download software, or bookmark sites.
- The City of Pacific Grove and the Pacific Grove Public Library are committed to providing an environment free from sexual harassment. Internet users are asked to refrain from the display of material which may be interpreted as part of an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Internet users should not attempt to show material displayed to other library patrons or staff.
If you have questions, comments or suggestions,
please call 831-648-5762.